Total Views

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Journal Assignment #3

SMART versus BHAG


SMART goals are very realistic and planned out, while BHAG are kind of outrageous. I think it depends on the situation for which type of goal I would be more likely to use. If I was running a business I would definitely choose a SMART goal, simply because, it is smart. If you chose a goal that was so out of reach that you could never reach it you could end up losing a lot of money and maybe even have to shut down your company. For something like a life goal, I think it is important to shoot for something that seems beyond your reach. It's liberating to think that one day you might actually reach it, and it may make your life more interesting on the way. If you don't have anything large at stake I think a BHAG is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment