Total Views

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cold, cold, cold

So, as a college student we are all trying to save money, and the best way I know is to cut down on utilities costs in apartment, and yes this does mean not turning on the heat until November. So I'm currently sitting here freezing, with multiple layers of clothing on. Last year I stayed in an apartment with girls who weren't too worried about the money put into utilities, I lived on the 3rd floor and my room used to be unbearably hot, but we would get a heating bill every month for almost $450 dollars... that's ridiculous! I was spending more money on heat than I was on food! One problem was the way we ran the heat, but the other problem was the building we lived in was completely inefficient. There was one thermostat in the entire 4 floor building, and it was located next to the front door, so when someone opened the door, the heat automatically turned on and made every room a million degrees. So this year, I hope that it is much different and my money doesn't fly out the windows with the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment